In my conversation with Agnès Varda about her current exhibition of video installation, photography, and sculpture showing at Blum & Poe (the full interview will run next month in The Brooklyn Rail), she emphasized that expanded vision occurs through close, returning attention to all that is caught in images of daily life: the complex and sustaining drama of living in time.
- Agnès Varda, Kelly Conway
- “The Beaches of Agnès,” Agnès Varda
- Women of Vision: Histories in Feminist Film and Video, Alexandra Juhasz
- “Women of Vision” (documentary), Alexandra Juhasz
- “Five essential books on feminist film,” Sophie Mayer
- Agnès Films: Supporting women and feminist filmmakers