The Sisters of Loretto at the Foot of the Cross is a religious community founded by Mary Rhodes, Ann Havern, and Christina Stuart. It was originally called Friends of Mary at the Foot of the Cross when it was founded in 1812 with the assistance of Father Nerinckx. The community began in Saint Charles, Kentucky and moved to its current location in Nerinx, Kentucky in 1824. The community was founded to teach poor children in Kentucky.
Life of Rev. Charles Nerinckx: Pioneer Missionary of Kentucky and Founder of the Sisters at the Foot of the Cross