Saint Thomas’ Seminary was located at Poplar Neck near Bardstown, Kentucky. The Seminary was founded on May 22, 1811 and closed in 1869 (26; 176). Bishop Flaget and Father David, both Sulpicians, established the Seminary in order to supply priests in the area (14). Saint Thomas’ Seminary did not have a steady flow of seminarians, and interest waxed and waned depending on the priests that taught there. It did however provide much needed priests to the area (87).