Field Guides to Food
This tag was created by Maria Frank. The last update was by Matt Gunther.
Economy > Feasibility
- food prices and their connection to federal price support
- e.g. reimbursement to schools, agricultural subsidies
- the time and money needed to operate in a certain way (transaction costs); or more generally, the ability to effectively market a product or sustain a way of doing business
- e.g. the time and money required for grocery stores to work with multiple farmers to source local foods, making sustainable/organic agriculture profitable, marketing local food
- consideration of potential demand, ability of producers to meet that demand, prices paid by purchasers, & prices producers require to supply those products
- e.g. "viability of the [Farm-to-School] project and the level of interest among potential participants in the program"
- consideration of costs in relation to the level of spending determined to be worth the output achieved
- e.g. How much will a school greenhouse cost and what level of spending is worth the output? (i.e. how will students' learning be enhanced?)
Related terms: food prices