- whether retail buyers source local or national foods (and why)
- e.g. Facilitating Small Farmers' Access to New Sales Channels in MN
- "The intended audience for this research is farmers who sell to retail markets, so they can better understand the motivation and preferences of retailers. Distributors who supply grocery stores will also find the information useful, as they change operations to include more local foods to meet the needs of retailers and farmers"
- challenges and recommendations for sourcing locally (to increase the availability and effectiveness of retail / sales opportunities for local producers)
The word source can be used
- as a noun, meaning from where/what/who something comes
- as a verb, meaning to purchase products from
Related terms: provisioning
Within the tag family "The Food System," in the "Transportation, Delivery, and Distribution Networks" cluster.