Three different kinds of interaction with the field guides:
Field guides readers use the field guides via:
- access to useful materials, especially those created to serve projects that will likely be needed again (and where continued access is likely to be unassured).
- orientation to existing work for those who become interested or who would like to identify collaborators for projects.
- commentary / feedback.
Field guides contributors:
- contribute materials to field guides.
- make connections between contents in field guides, and incorporate comments into new learning modules.
- report back on how field guides is being used.
Field guides editors
- build infrastructure for adding to field guides components.
- analyze and add to descriptive metadata on field guides components, and use it (along with log data) to guides the development of further learning modules.
- respond to comments and requests.