Annotating a Unity Scene
In order for a Unity scene to be annotatable in Scalar, it must include the Scalar/Unity Bridge. Learn more about using Unity content in Scalar.
To create 3D annotations on a Unity scene in Scalar, navigate to the scene in your project and click the click the annotation icon (paperclip) in the header bar. This will launch the annotation editor. Once in the editor:
- Click the plus button on the left to create a new annotation. The new annotation will be created with default settings.
- Enter the title of the annotation.
- Navigate the camera to the desired position within the 3D scene.
- Right click and drag in the scene to change where the camera is pointing.
- Use the W, A, S, and D keys to move the camera forward, left, backward, and right, and the Q and E keys to move up and down.
- Hold Shift while navigating to increase the movement speed.
- Click “Set all values from current view” to capture the camera’s current position and orientation in the annotation.
- Set the Roll and Field of View values for the camera.
- Enter the content of the annotation (optional).
- Enter an abstract for the annotation (optional). Whatever is entered here will be displayed alongside the media instead of the content above, which will be "saved" for when the reader navigates to the annotation's dedicated page.
- Click "Save" to save the annotation.
Additionally, you can click any annotation in the annotation list on the left to select it. Selected annotations can be edited using the provided form, or deleted by clicking the minus button. When you're done editing annotations for the file, click "Done" to return to the page for the media file.