Annotating Plain Text
To annotate a plain text file (this includes files with the extensions .txt, .js, .java, .xml, and .css), you must be logged in with Author privileges for the Scalar book containing the file. Click the new page icon (plus) in your Scalar header bar to create a new page; this will become your annotation.
- Import the text file you want to annotate.
- After clicking the "New" button you should be looking at the page editor. Enter the title of the annotation.
- Enter an optional description for the annotation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the editor and look for the text that reads "To make this page an annotation," and click "specify media that it annotates".
- Select the text file you want to annotate.
- Enter the starting and ending lines of the annotation.
- Click "Save" to save the annotation.