- Striffler, S., Moberg, M., Joseph, G. M., & Rosenberg, E. S. (Eds.). (2003). Banana wars: Power, production, and history in the Americas. Duke University Press.
- Striffler, S. (2005). Chicken: the dangerous transformation of America's favorite food. Yale University Press. and
- Striffler, S. (2001). In the shadows of state and capital: the United Fruit Company, popular struggle, and agrarian restructuring in Ecuador, 1900–1995. Duke University Press.
1. labor in a chicken processing plant: Kayde, Alexis, Hannah, Klimisha, Errin
2. from here to there: Chloe, Will, Ogechi, Indira, Mel
3: labor note: Victoria, Aidan, Oliver, Seun, Delina
This last piece was developed as part of the panel where Steve can be speaking here at the University of Minnesota in 2011:
The Main Street Project in Northfield Minnesota provides a different, regenerative way of thinking about chicken agriculture: