Call for Submissions: Fall 2020 - Winter 2021
C2C Digital Magazine
Call for Article Submissions
This is a call to submit articles for our next edition (Fall 2020 - Winter 2021) of C2C Digital Magazine.
Particular subject matter of interest: Please submit articles on topics related to any of the following topics:
- Distance / online education
- Instructional technology and media
- Multimedia design and development (sound, visual, and multimodal designs)
- Pedagogical practices and adult learning
- Pedagogical practices and K12 learning
- Technology implementation on member campuses and work places
- Administration, teaching, and learning issues in higher education and K12
- Massive open online courses (MOOCs)
- Professional development in higher education
- Professional development in K12
- Ed tech research
- Book reviews on related topics, and
- Issues related to the mission of the C2C organization
The article formats may be research studies, method or process papers, Q&As / interviews, thought pieces, essays, case studies, and others.
A basic "article template" was created on Google Drive.
Basic article requirements: Articles accepted for submission should:
- Be an original work without prior publication elsewhere (or planned future publication elsewhere);
- Be appropriate in length for the journal (500 - 2,500 words preferred, but there is a lot of flexibility re: length in a digital publication);
- Include graphics, photos, data tables, charts, and graphs, etc., sufficient to support and highlight content OR provide relevant links to support and highlight content;
- Include links to contents from digital repositories like YouTube or Vimeo (per the goals of Scalar, the underlying platform), AND
- Avoid any infringement on the copyright of other authors, photographers, artists, or entities.
Hypermedia / multimedia pieces are especially desirable to optimize use of the online publishing medium.
If the respective works are accepted after peer review, the authors and / or authoring team will be invited to submit professional biographies of each member and an optional photo. Or people may submit everything of a piece for consideration.
Articles for the next issue (or questions and ideas) should be submitted by late December 2020 (by Dec. 31, 2020 ideally), via email to one of the following:
C2C Digital Magazine Co-Editors for 2020 - 2021:
Shalin Hai-Jew, co-editor, at firstname.lastname@example.orgYuPing Hsu, co-editor, at email@example.comKatie Uhlenhake, co-editor, at Katie.Uhlenhake@bakeru.edu
The co-editors are listed in alphabetical order by last name. Emails may be sent to any one of the above with questions or expressions of interest for article submittal. If you have any questions, please call or email Shalin (corresponding co-editor) at 785-532-5262 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Commons Licensure
The C2C Digital Magazine publishes under a Creative Commons license, CC BY NC ND 4.0 International (author attribution required, non-commercial usage, non-derivation). Copyright remains with the author. If this may not work for the contributor, we can look to using exception clauses for individual works.
Issues of C2C Digital Magazine so Far
Fall - Winter 2013 (inaugural issue)
Fall 2014 – Winter 2015
Spring - Summer 2015
Fall 2015 - Winter 2016
Spring - Summer 2016
Fall 2016 - Winter 2017
Spring - Summer 2017
Fall 2017 - Winter 2018
Spring - Summer 2018
Fall 2018 - Winter 2019
Spring - Summer 2019
Fall 2019 - Winter 2020
Spring - Summer 2020
Fall 2020 - Winter 2021
Spring - Summer 2021 (forthcoming)
The most up-to-date version should show up at https://scholarspace.jccc.edu/c2c_online, based on the JCCC ScholarSpace listing.
|Previous page on path||Cover, page 17 of 18||Next page on path|