SELF-DEFINITION: Introduction to 16 Questions to Consider re Feminist Online Spaces
16 associated questions (that help answer the question above through processes of self-definition) are asked and then also answered here by media from this archive:
- What are our goals?
- How do we show what we mean?
- What formats do we use to communicate?
- How do we communicate with each other?
- How does the site look and feel? What does this tell us about our values and community?
- How do we strive and maintain equal access and accountability?
- Who is part of this group? What do we know of and owe each other?
- What are the norms by which we regulate ourselves? How do we get things done?
- What structures best facilitate our interaction?
- Who is in control, when, and why?
- What do we believe? What are our ethical standards?
- What repeatable forms give us comfort?
- How do we measure our success?
- What words help us best understand ourselves?
- What are the languages we are comfortable speaking in?
- What makes this or any space safe? What does that safety enable and/or prohibit?