The Allan Hancock Foundation Archive

The Hancock Museum

The Hancock Memorial Museum, located in the southeast wing of the Foundation building, contains 4 rooms from the original stately mansion built in 1909 by Allan Hancock's mother Ida Haraszthy Hancock Ross at the corner of Vermont Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard, and designed by John C. W. Austin after the Villa de Medici in Florence. The house was set to be demolished around the same time as the construction of the Hancock Foundation Building, and four rooms from the house--the reception hall, dining room, library and music room--were dismantled and moved into the under-construction Foundation building.

This page has paths: