Professional and Academic achievements
- A summer 1995 visiting faculty appointment at the University of Wisconsin – Madison ( my alma mater),
- The first African American woman in the history of The Ohio State University elected to the position of departmental chairwoman,
- Elected in 1998 vice-president of the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Division G ( Social Context).
- Ph.D, The University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1979 in Curriculum and Instruction as a major and Educational Policy as a minor. 1979 Dissertation: ” The Educational Life Histories of High School Dropouts.”
- M.S. The University of Wisconsin-Madison in Urban Education.
- B.S. Quinnipiac College, Hamden, Connecticut in English Literature