Framing the top of every page is Scalar's header bar which gives you access to utilities for navigating and editing (if you’re logged in and have editing privileges). If the header bar is currently hidden, scroll towards the top of the page to make it appear.
At the top right of the header bar, you'll see a suite of utilities for editing pages and media. These utilities include the following:
- Search. Allows you to search for content contained in the current Scalar.
- Help. Brings up the Scalar help menu.
- New. Create a new page.
- Edit. Edit the current page.
- Import. Reveals a dropdown menu allowing you to import/upload media.
- Delete. Delete the current page.
- Dashboard. Brings you to the Scalar dashboard.
- User Account. Reveals a dropdown menu allowing you to sign in/out and access the "My account" tab in the Scalar dashboard.
In addition, if you're on a media page the annotation icon will appear in the toolbar as well, just after the edit icon.
At the top-left of the header bar, you'll find a series of navigation icons. Rolling over the menu icon reveals the book's main menu, which acts as a kind of table of contents for the book. (To learn how to add items to the Main Menu for your own book, visit the dashboard section). Clicking on the title of a page within the main menu will navigate the reader to that page. Clicking on the arrow just to the right of a page title will reveal the information tab for that page. If a page in the menu is also a path, its information tab will contain a submenu listing the pages in that path. Thus, by revealing the paths contained within main menu items, and (if they exist) sub-paths within those paths, the main menu can give readers an interactive, global view of a book's path structure.