The Dashboard's Book Users tab enables you to add and remove users from your book, and to set their privileges.
To add a user to your book, click the "Add a user" button at the bottom of the page. A pop-up will prompt you to search for a user by their full name. You must enter the user's full name exactly as it appears in their account (case insensitive) to find a match. When a match is found, click the user's name to add them to your book.
To edit the information for a specific user, click the "Edit" button for the row in which he or she appears in the user list.
Full name. The name by which the user will be credited on any Scalar books and comments they author.
Email. The user's Scalar email and login.
URL. The user's home page (not currently displayed).
Relationship. The user's role in the book. Options include:
- Author. Full editing privileges. In books with the Editorial Workflow enabled, editing privileges are restricted depending on the editorial state of individual content items.
- Editor. In books with the Editorial Workflow enabled, can exit existing content depending on its editorial state, and publish books and editions which have completed the workflow.
- Commentator. Can edit existing pages, and create pages which will be flagged as commentaries to end users; no other editing privileges.
- Reviewer. Can edit existing pages; no other editing privileges.
- Reader. Can add signed comments to public pages; no other special privileges.
In index. Determines whether the user's name is shown in the book's credits on the index page and in the book's header.
Order. Determines the order in which credited users will be shown on the index page and in the book's header.
To remove a user, click the "Remove" button for the row in which he or she appears in the user list.