As a committee, you develop a series of criteria related to student data and privacy and their acceptable options. These criteria will help eliminate some potential ePortfolio platforms. These questions include the following:
- Does the platform collect identifiable or de-identified personal information?
- Where is data stored, and how is this data protected?
- Does the platform sell this data to third parties?
- Is user data collected/used/shared for non-authorized purposes?
- Can the user remove their data, and what is the process by which they do that?
- How does the platform inform users of changes to their EULA?
- Are vendors held to equitable standards for privacy and data collection/storage?