Strategies for applying this principle include…
- Identifying how the provider will collect and use your personal data, whether you can opt out of data collection, and how you can remove your data before creating an account on the ePortfolio-making platform and adding content.
- Recognizing that deleting your account does not mean your user data will be removed from data repositories unless the end user license agreement says this.
- Considering how complex, time consuming, or costly the portfolio transfer process is, if there is one.
- Informing students on how the institution, vendors, and/or website hosting system may preserve or share their ePortfolio information with other parties, systems, or entities.
- Sharing guidelines on data ownership, storage, and sharing in clear and accessible end user license agreements.