Broadly, my hope is that this Scalar book will serve as a videographic companion to François Truffaut's Hitchcock by:
- Translating the conversation between Truffaut and Hitchcock into moving images and sounds
- Moving their conversation beyond the limitations of the written word
- Challenging their understandings of — and discovering new things about — Hitchcock’s work
- Being a pedagogical tool for those teaching Hitchcock and Hitchcock
- Prompting new conversations about their conversation
Any questions and/or ideas pertaining to this project may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates on the project, visit my personal website (www.willdigravio.com) and Twitter (@willdigravio).
This book previously took the form of a website. I began the project in 2018 as an independent study at Middlebury College under the supervision of Christian Keathley.