Economy > Feasibility
Economic feasibility may be considered in terms of...
Related terms: food prices
- food prices and their connection to federal price support
- e.g. reimbursement to schools, agricultural subsidies
- the time and money needed to operate in a certain way (transaction costs); or more generally, the ability to effectively market a product or sustain a way of doing business
- e.g. the time and money required for grocery stores to work with multiple farmers to source local foods, making sustainable/organic agriculture profitable, marketing local food
- consideration of potential demand, ability of producers to meet that demand, prices paid by purchasers, & prices producers require to supply those products
- e.g. "viability of the [Farm-to-School] project and the level of interest among potential participants in the program"
- consideration of costs in relation to the level of spending determined to be worth the output achieved
- e.g. How much will a school greenhouse cost and what level of spending is worth the output? (i.e. how will students' learning be enhanced?)
Related terms: food prices
Neoliberal Ebola: The agroeconomics of a deadly spillover., Sustainable Farming Systems (metadata), Facilitating Small Farmer's Access to New Sales Channels in Minnesota: A Transaction Cost Analysis (PDF), Video: World Food Prices Aren’t Too High, They’re Too Low, Farm-to-School in Central MN (Metadata), Building a Sustainable Business Guide (metadata), Facilitating Small Farmers' Access to New Sales Channels in MN (metadata), Video: Nonprofits to Know: The Minnesota Project and Farmers' Legal Action Group, Quality of Life on the Agricultural Treadmill: Individual and Community Determinants of Farm Family Well-Being (PDF), The Minnesota Project & Farmers' Legal Action Group (metadata), Minnesota Corn Growers Association (metadata), Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy (metadata), Southeast Minnesota AG Alliance, Getting a Handle on the Barriers to Financing Sustainable Agriculture: The Gaps Between Farmers & Lenders in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Quality of Life on the Agricultural Treadmill (metadata), Getting a Handle on the Barriers to Financing Sustainable Agriculture: The Gaps Between Farmers & Lenders in Minnesota and Wisconsin (metadata), Adequacy of Federal School Lunch Reimbursement Adjustments (PDF), Neoliberal Ebola: The agroeconomics of a deadly spillover. (metadata), Building a Sustainable Business Guide (PDF), Smashing Hunger; Squashing Poverty (metadata), Farm-to-School in Central Minnesota - Applied Economic Analysis (PDF), Financialization, Food Pricing, and Speculation (metadata), Whole Farm Planning (PDF), World Food Prices Aren’t Too High, They’re Too Low: How Cheap Food is Destabilizing the Global Economy (metadata), Justin & Kathleen Batalden Smith interview (metadata), Video: Smashing Hunger; Squashing Poverty, Video: Financialization, Food Pricing, and Speculation, C-G-B School Greenhouse (PDF) View all tags
|Previous page on path||Economic Development, page 5 of 5||Path end, return home|