- Traditional Slave Narratives, Narrative of The Life of Frederick Douglass, Incidents in The Life of a Slave Girl
- Narratives of Slavery (white author), Uncle Tom's Cabin, Obi (From here, of course, we would consider year written and country of origin)
- Slave Narratives not in traditional form,
- Ibn Said's letters and writings which were collected into a text
- WPA recordings
- Neo Slave Narratives, Kindred, Beloved, Desa Rose
- Historical fiction films and television, Harriet, Underground
I imagine this as a class, syllabus, or larger resource for students, especially undergrads, on the basics of genre convention, audience, and purpose in narratives around slavery.