An international tax and debt revolt forces the World Bank to withdraw economic restructuring programs and cancel debt. A solidarity movement develops in the United States, with individuals refusing to pay college student loans while calling for a shift in funding away from prisons, the military, and the War on Drugs.
- How is a government responsible to its tax base?
- What services do you use that are paid for through taxes?
- Who is someone you know in debt. How did this happen? How does it affect their life?
- "Homeowners Tax Revolt in Ireland" [Article]
- "Refusing to Pay Micro-Credit Debt in Nicaragua" [Article]
- War Tax Resisters League [Organization]
- Relationship of Debt and the Prison Industrial Complex [Article]
|Previous page on path||Future Possibilities (events imagined when The Knotted Line was created), page 17 of 20||Next page on path|
Discussion of "2019: Representation"
Add your voice to this discussion.
Checking your signed in status ...