Cutting and Moving Clips
- Moving multiple and independent clips (0:48-1:07)
- Click on your clip from the project library and select Place in storyboard, or drag down your storyboard. Then click and drag your clip to rearrange/reorder.
- Trimming a Video (1:44-2:41)
- Click on your clip and select Trim. Adjust the two ends of the video slider to select your trimmed video.
- Cutting/Splitting a Video (2:41-3:00)
- Click on your clip and select Split. Play the video to the point you wish to split into two. Then select done
Title cards/Adding text
- Normal Text (6:59-7:55)
- Includes font, placement, timing
- Simply select Text, type a title or phrase, then select a style and layout. You can also time the text to appear exactly when you want within your film.
- Title cards (7:55-8:52)
- Includes duration, background color, text animations
- Select Add Title Card, type a title or phrase, then select a style and layout. Additional options for how long you want the title card to be.
- Motion (zoom/pan within video) (3:00-3:36)
- Click on the clip you wish to add a motion effect. Click on Motion under the playing video. Select which motion effect you want. Then click done.
- Filters (3:36-4:03)
- Click on the clip you wish to add a filter. Click on Filters under the playing video. Select which filter you want. Then click done.
- Speed (4:05-4:50)
- Click on the clip you wish to change the speed. Click on Speed under the playing video. Adjust the toggle to slow down or speed up your video. Then click done.
- 3D effects (e.g. add rain, leaves falling, animations, etc.) (4:52-6:57)
- Click on the clip you wish to add a 3D effect/animation. Click on 3D effects under the playing video. Select which 3D effect you want. Then click done.
- Select which orientation by clicking on the effect and then click the rotate arrows
- Timing can be adjusted by using the slider toggle
- Adjust 3D effect volume by selecting the effect on the right panel and toggle the volume slider, or click to mute.
- Themes (13:36-14:15)
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen. Select Themes. Choose which theme you want to apply to your whole project.
- Combos of music, filters, and text styles
Working with Photographs
- Cropping or resizing images/video (14:23-14:47)
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen. Select 16:9 Landscape. Select which video size you want (includes portrait, different aspect ratios, etc.).
- Rotating video (1:31-1:43)
- Click on the video clip you want to rotate. Select the circular arrow with a dot in the middle on the right side of the screen.
Return to Workshop Path or follow MS Video Editor path: