The Frick Fine Arts Library ~ Early History

The Frick Fine Arts Library: Early History

The Frick Fine Arts Library was established in 1927, on the University of Pittsburgh's Oakland Campus in State Hall (Friends of Frick Fine Arts 1987, 21). Within 10 years it had moved up to the seventh floor of the Cathedral of Learning to reside in the Fine Arts Department (Starrett 1937, 535). Currently the library resides in the Henry Clay Frick Fine Arts Building, along with the Fine Arts Department, the University Art Gallery, numerous classrooms, and the Nicholas Lochoff Cloister.  

This short book leads readers through the early history of the Frick Fine Arts Library, Helen Clay Frick, and the provenance of the library's first collection. 


Contents of this path:

This page references: