- This is a great documentary that gives an overview of Rwanda's recent history. It showcases the Rwandan government's victories and wrongdoings, particularly in relation to President Kagame.
- Gregory Warner does a great job exploring contemporary gender roles in Rwanda. He focuses on the elevation of women in public life and the continued discrimination in the home.
- BBC Africa's Victoria Uwonkunda gives a good summation of how and why the genocide occurred.
“Rwanda 2019.” amnesty.org, Amnesty International, https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/africa/rwanda/report-rwanda/.
“Rwanda: Events of 2019.” hrw.org, Human Rights Watch, https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/rwanda.
“Rwanda: A Year On, No Justice for Refugee Killings.” hrw.org, Human Rights Watch, 23 Febuary 2019, https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/02/23/rwanda-year-no-justice-refugee-killings.
“Revisiting Rwanda five years after record-breaking parliamentary elections.” unwomen.org, UN Women, 13 August 2018, https://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2018/8/feature-rwanda-women-in-parliament.
Wallace, Claire, et al. “Women in Rwandan Politics and Society.” International Journal of Sociology, vol. 38, no. 4, 2008, pp. 111–125. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/20628350.
“Africa: Rwanda.” The World Factbook, cia.gov, Central Intelligence Agency, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/geos/rw.html.
“Political Map of Rwanda.” nationsonline.org, https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/rwanda_map2.htm.
“Rwanda: In Breif.” fas.org, Congressional Research Service, 14 May 2019, https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R44402.pdf.
United States Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, U.S. Committee for Refugees World Refugee Survey 1999 - Rwanda , 1 January 1999, https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6a8cc38.html
Pereira, Martim Empis Gray and Casilda Gil de Santivanes Finat. “Rwandan Refugees Head Home After a Generation in Angola.” unhcr.org, UNHCR: The UN Refugee Agency, 22 August 2016, https://www.unhcr.org/en-us/news/stories/2016/8/57bad29d4/rwandan-refugees-head-home-generation-angola.html.
“Rwanda: A Year On, No Justice for Refugee Killings.” hrw.org, Human Rights Watch, 23 Feburary 2019, https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/02/23/rwanda-year-no-justice-refugee-killings.
Neiman, Sophie. “Refugees: Rwanda helps hundreds, but thousands more languish in Libya.” africanarguments.org, African Arguments, 7 November 2019, https://africanarguments.org/2019/11/07/refugees-rwanda-hundreds-thousands-languish-libya/.
“Rwanda, Protecting their rights: Rwandese refugees in the Great Lakes region.” amnesty.org, Amnesty International, 2004, https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/92000/afr470162004en.pdf.
“Rwanda: Investigate Killings of Refugees.” amnesty.org, Amnesty International, 2019, https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/AFR4798662019ENGLISH.pdf.
Abouzeid, Rama. "REMAKING RWANDA: Tragedy and necessity have created opportunities that seemed unimaginable. The challenge now: to make them last." National Geographic, vol. 236, no. 5, Nov. 2019, p. 82+. Gale Academic OneFile, https://link-gale-com.proxy.lib.ohio-state.edu/apps/doc/A608114654/AONE?u=colu44332&sid=AONE&xid=66e09633.
United States Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, “U.S. Committee for Refugees World Refugee Survey 1999 - Rwanda”, 1 January 1999, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6a8cc38.html.
Contents of this tag:
This page references:
- Are Rwandans paying a price for peace after the genocide? | Inside Story
- How a mother and daughter survived the pain of rape and genocide.
- How could the Rwandan genocide happen? - BBC Africa
- Rwandan genocide: what future for Hutu refugees?
- Rwanda: Sweet Dreams - REWIND
- Rwandan genocide refugees remain in DRC
- Healing wounds of Rwanda’s genocide through reconciliation.
- I pretended I was dead, I lay there all night - Rwanda Genocide Survivor.
- Is Rwanda becoming a dictatorship?– UpFront.
- Rwanda’s Kagame | Bigger Than Five
- How women are revolutionizing Rwanda | Agnes Binagwaho
- Kagame | People & Power
- What Is Life Really Like In Rwanda?