Opening HoursMarch 23 – June 4, 2017
11am – 4:30pm daily
"MIRRORS AND MASKS: Reflections and Constructions of the Self", organized by 11 student curators in a year-long 360˚ course cluster, considers the role of mirrors, masks, makeup, and masquerade in explorations of the self. This exhibition includes more than 50 works from the College’s Art & Artifacts Collection, including actual mirrors and masks, as well as works on paper, photographs, paintings, and textiles across the centuries and cultures represented in the Collection.
This exhibition, as well as its catalogue and programs, are supported by the Friends of the Bryn Mawr College Library, the Office of the Provost and its 360˚ program, Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) and its department of Special Collections and program in Museum Studies, as well as the department of History of Art.
The exhibition is free and open to the public. VIEW MORE INFORMATION.
Mariam Coffin Canaday LibraryClass of 1912 Rare Book Room
Bryn Mawr College
101 N Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
View Hours for Canaday Library.
This page references:
- Margo Humphrey (born 1942), The History of Her Life Written Across Her Face, 1991
- David Graham (born 1952), Bud Burkhart as William Penn, Three Arches, Levittown, PA, 1993
- Sigmund Abeles (born 1934), NL/SA, Couple, Fits like a Glove, 1999
- Merrill Mason (born 1949), Blocking the Light, 2000
- Marlene Dumas (born 1953), The Supermodel, 1995
- Jessica Todd Harper (born 1975, Class of 1997), Sophia and Barbara, 2012
- Kris Graves (born 1982), Tiffany, 2016
- Utagawa Kunisada (1786–1864), Arranging the Hair, from the series Fitting Accomplishments for Women, ca. 1843–1847
- Miriam Schapiro, Frida and Me, 1990
- Unknown maker (Chinese), Mirror, 206 BCE–200CE