AOL, a famous American web portal, and email service provider is popular among customers thanks to its @aol.com email addresses. If you want to get such an email address, you should complete a simple AOL Mail sign up procedure. We will show you how to do this step by step in our guide, as well as we will provide with solutions to the most common sign up problems.
How to Sign Up for AOL Mail?
As a matter of fact, setting up a new account on AOL is possible on any device: regardless whether it is a PC or a smartphone/tablet. Besides, the entire process is quite simple and quick, so you are unlikely to face any problems while trying to create a new AOL account. In this guide, we will show you how to sign up for AOL on both PCs/laptops and smartphones/tablets.
AOL Mail Sign Up on PC
So, the easiest way to create a new AOL account is to do so on a PC or laptop. As you will see from this part of our page, you can actually sign up for AOL within minutes. For that, you just need a mobile phone number and a PC/laptop with an internet connection. Then, just follow the guidelines from this part of the page.
- In the first place, you have to access the website of AOL by clicking here: https://login.aol.com/.
- On the right side of that webpage, you will get to see the AOL login form. Instead of using that form, you have to click on the “Create Account” button – it is placed at the bottom of that form.
- Following it, you will get to see the page with the AOL Mail sign up form. So, you should fill out that form in order to sign up for an AOL account.
- At first, you should enter your first and last name in the first fields. Then, set up a username (which will also serve as your email address) and type it in the next field.
- After doing so, you have to create a password for your future email address. Then, type it in the next field.
- Following it, you should enter your phone number and date of birth. If you wish, you may also enter your gender in the last field.
- Once you are readily filling out that AOL Mail sign up form, you can proceed further by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to verify your phone number. So, make sure that your country and your phone number are provided in the given field there. Then, click on the “Text me a verification code” button.
- Following it, you will receive a verification code on your phone number. Once you have that code, type it in the given field and click on the “Verify” button.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a page with a notification, saying that you have just signed up for AOL. Now, you can access your new AOL account right away by clicking on the “Continue” button there.
AOL Mail Mobile Sign Up
Yet, if you are away from a PC or laptop now but you need to set up a new AOL account, then you may do it on your mobile device. Even though it might be slightly less convenient than on a PC, the entire procedure is almost the same. Also, we recommend you to install the AOL for Android or AOL for iOS.
- First of all, you should get an AOL app on your smartphone or mobile device (get the links above). Once you have got the app installed, you should tap on the app’s icon in order to launch it.
- Once you have entered the app, you will notice 5 menu buttons at the bottom. There, you should tap the “Mail” button, placed on the left.
- Following it, you will get to see the AOL Mail login page. Yet, instead of using it to access an AOL account, you should tap the “Create account” button there – it is placed at the bottom.
- Immediately after doing so, you will get to see the page with the AOL Mail sign up form. So, you need to complete that form in order to create a new AOL account.
- At first, you have to enter your first name and surname in the first fields. Then, create a username for your account (it will also serve as your email address) and type it in the next field.
- Following, you should set up a password for your account. We recommend this password to be as secure as possible. Once you have such a password, enter it in the given field.
- Next, you have to select your country code and type your phone number on the next page.
- After all, you should specify the date of your birth. If you wish to do so, you may also enter your gender. In the end, tap the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to verify your mobile phone number. There, you must tap on the “Text me a verification code” button.
- Once you have obtained that code from AOL, type it in the field on the next page. Then, tap “Verify” there.
- Eventually, you will notice a notification, saying that your AOL account has been created. Now, you can access it by tapping the “Continue” button.
AOL Mail Sign Up Problems
I don’t want to provide my phone number to AOL.
Unfortunately, AOL (in a pretty same as Yahoo does) requires all users to provide their phone numbers. There is no way how you can sign up without providing your phone number.
I already have an AOL account, but I need another one. AOL doesn’t let me create a new account.
This error is not connected with the fact that you already have an account – AOL allows its users to have 2 or more accounts. We recommend you to contact the customer support.
I want to create a new AOL account because I’ve lost the password to my old account.
In such a case, we would recommend you to recover your password’s account and, thus, restore your account. Actually, you can do that by trying to access your account and, then, clicking on the “Trouble signing in?” text button. Then, just follow the instructions and get your old account recovered.
How to Use Webmail with AOL
AOL Mail features and actions
How to Set Up AOL Email on iPhone or iPad
How to Use AOL Mail Through an Email Client
Access an AOL Email Account with Windows Mail