2015: Secure Communities
The Harm Free Zone organizing committee, the Audre Lorde Project, Philly Stands Up and CUAV (Communities United Against Violence) inspire thousands of similar community safety groups across the country. The community meetings central to these efforts also allow for public dialogue on racism, class inequality, sexism and homophobia.
- If a community can never be totally safe, what is safe enough?
- What creates more free communities, in spite of societal challenges?
- What are necessary ingredients of a safe enough community?
- Should perpetrators of violence be included in conversations to repair their violence?
- Describe a time you or someone else have ignored violence in order to maintain the status quo. What was the long term result?
- Read through CUAV's Analysis of Violence (below). How does this change your understanding of violence? Does it present new options for decreasing violence? What should be added?
|Previous page on path||Education (example power words: patriarchy, classism, self-determination, capitalism...), page 22 of 26||Next page on path|