Netflix, a video streaming service, is known and popular nowadays worldwide. This Netflix Sign Up guide will demonstrate you not only how to get registered on different devices for Netflix, but will also show you how to take advantage of the Netflix free trial. Indeed, Netflix provides a monthly free trial to all users, which means you can use it for a month without paying anything.
How to Sign Up for Netflix on Windows/Mac
It is quite obvious that the easiest way to sign up for Netflix is to do so on a personal computer or laptop. Even though you will get a free monthly trial, keep in mind that you should provide either your credit card or PayPal details. Also, you are not eligible for a free monthly trial if you already used one.
- First of all, you should start by launching a tab in the browser and going to the following page: https://netflix.com/.
- On the website of Netflix, you should click on the huge “JOIN FREE FOR A MONTH” button, placed right in the center of the screen.
- On the next page, you have to click on the “SEE THE PLANS” button and proceed further.
- Following it, you should select a plan for your account and click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- Next, you will be offered to create an account. At that point, you have to click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- On the next page, you should enter your email address in the first field and the password of your future Netflix account in the second field.
- Eventually, you will come to the most important part: providing your financial details. At that point, you should choose whether you want to add a credit/debit card or a PayPal account – just click on the option that suits you.
- Then, specify the details of your credit card/PayPal account and click on the “CONTINUE” button again.
- Right after that, you will get to see your Netflix account. Then, you will be able to customize it by selecting your favorite movies.
- Now, you have just signed up for Netflix and got a monthly trial. Keep in mind that if you don’t cancel the membership until the end of your monthly trial, you will be charged a fee for the next month.
Netflix Sign Up on Mobile Devices
If you prefer to watch movies and shows on the go, you can download the Netflix mobile app on your devices: Netflix for Android and Netflix for iOS. You can complete a Netflix sign up procedure both in the app and in a mobile browser. However, we are able to provide instructions only for a mobile browser, since the app doesn’t allow us to take screenshots.
- In the first place, you should launch your mobile browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- Next, you should type the following address: https://netflix.com/. Access that website.
- At the bottom of that page, you will notice the huge red “JOIN FREE FOR A MONTH” button – tap that button.
- Right after doing so, you will start the Netflix sign up procedure. At that point, tap the “SEE THE PLANS” button.
- On the following page, select a plan that interests you and tap the “CONTINUE” button.
- Proceed further to creating your account by tapping the “CONTINUE” button.
- On the next page, you will be able to set up your Netflix account. Type your email address in the first field and your password of the future Netflix account in the second field. Tap the “CONTINUE” button.
- Eventually, you will be able to set up a payment for your account. There, select a credit card or PayPal option and provide your credentials. At the end, you should check the box near “I Agree” and tap the “START MEMBERSHIP” button.
- Then, you should just customize your new Netflix account and start using it right now. Keep in mind that you will be charged a monthly fee unless you cancel your Netflix membership until the next month.
How to Change Netflix Password
If you have problems with how to change your password on Netflix, this part of our guide provides a clue to this issue as well. As you can see, this is really something incredibly simple and easy.
- In the first place, you should be logged in to your Netflix account, and you should open the Netflix webpage. If you are not, go to the https://netflix.com website and click on the “Sign In” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
- On the next page, use your email address and password for the login form. Then, click on the “Sign In” button.
- Once you have accessed Netflix, you should move your mouse over your profile icon and select “Account” in the menu that you have just triggered.
- Next to your membership information, you should click on the “Change Password” text button.
- On the next page, you will be able to change your password on Netflix. For that, you should enter your old password in the first field.
- Following it, you should make up a strong password for your Netflix account. Type it in the remaining two fields on that page. Click on the “Save” button.
- Immediately after that, you will be redirected back to the page of your Netflix profile. At that point, however, you will notice a notification, saying that your password has been changed.
How to Change Payment Method
If you want to pay for your Netflix account with a different payment method, you can change it without a lot of fuss. Just stick to our guidelines for this purpose.
- The first thing you should do is to open a new tab in the browser and go to the next website: https://netflix.com/.
- On the website of Netflix, you have to click on the “Sign in” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
- On the next page, type your email address in the first field and your account’s password in the second field. Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Once you have accessed your Netflix account, you should hover your mouse over your profile icon.
- In a menu that you have just triggered, you should click on the “Account” option.
- On the page of your profile settings, you need to click on the “Update payment info” text button, next to the payment method option.
- On the following page, you should select “Switch payment method.”
- Right after that, select a new payment method and provide information about it.
- Once you are ready, click on the “Save” button. If that payment method was valid, it should have been authorized and, thus, changed in your account.
Netflix Sign Up Problems
Even though Netflix is the most popular pay-to-watch streaming service, some problems may occur during the Netflix sign up procedure. At this point of the article, we will provide the users with solutions to the most common problems.
I can’t receive a free monthly trial from Netflix. Most likely, this happens because you have already used one such trial – Netflix doesn’t allow its users to use the trials for more than a month. Another reason for that may be that you have not provided a valid payment method. Also, you should check whether your bank issuer has authorized a transaction from Netflix (Netflix charges a small amount to ensure that the payment method is valid).
I don’t know which account plan to choose. If you don’t know which one to choose and you are eligible for a free trial, you can choose the most expensive one. But before the end of the trial period, you should simply downgrade to a simpler plan, if you feel that you don’t need all the perks of the most expensive plan.
Questions and Answers
Q: How to sign up for a free trial from Netflix?
Our Netflix sign up guide clearly and in detail shows how to get a free trial from Netflix. There are two things to keep in mind. First, you should have a valid payment method – a PayPal or a credit card. Secondly, you shouldn’t have used a free trial before. Otherwise, Netflix will ask you to pay a fee for the next month and you will not get a free trial.
Q: How to sign up for Netflix without a credit card?
In such a case, you may opt to use your PayPal account. But if you have none of that, you are not able to sign up for Netflix.
Q: How to sign up for Netflix with mobile?
Our guide shows in detail how to do in a mobile browser on a smartphone. However, it is equally easy to do in the mobile app of Netflix – just stick to these guidelines and you will sign up for Netflix within a minute.
Q: How to sign up for a new Netflix account?
If you already have an account on Netflix and you want to have a new one (which means that your history will not be saved), you can just repeat the sign up process (described above). Keep in mind, however, that Netflix will not grant you another free trial.