Instagram, a popular image-sharing social network, appears to be growing in popularity over and over. As you will learn from this page, you can easily complete an Instagram sign up procedure and create a new account in this social network. Moreover, we will supply you with other useful guides – such as enabling a 2-step verification – and provide solutions to common Instagram sign up problems. Enjoy!
How to Sign Up for Instagram on Windows/Mac
Even though Instagram is such a social network that is better to use on mobile devices, you can easily register an Instagram account on your PC or laptop. As you will learn from this part of our Instagram sign up guide, the overall registration process doesn’t take a few minutes. Moreover, it is far easier to sign up for Instagram on a PC than on a mobile phone.
- In the first place, you should launch a new tab in your browser and open the following website: https://instagram.com/.
- Once you have done that, you will notice the Instagram sign up form, placed on the right side of that page. In order to get started on Instagram, you should start filling out that registration form.
- At first, you have to enter your email address or mobile phone. Then, enter your full name, username, and password. Once you are done with filling out the registration form, you should click on the “Sign Up” button.
- On the next page, you will get to see that form again, but this time it will be filled out. You have to click on the “Sign up” button once more.
- Following it, you will get to see the page of your newly created Instagram profile – you can start using it right now! You’re almost done.
- Yet, there is one more thing left to do – you have to confirm your email address.
- You should go to your email inbox and find a letter from Instagram. Then, click on the “Confirm your email address” button there.
- Then, Instagram is likely to require you to enter your phone number. Type your phone number in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will receive a verification code in a form of an SMS message. Type it in the provided field and click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you have just confirmed your email address, and you can start using your new Instagram account right away!
Instagram Sign Up on Mobile Devices
Yet, you are also able to create an Instagram account on your mobile device, right in the official app from Instagram. We highly recommend you to install the Instagram mobile app, whereas it tends to be far easier to use Instagram in the app: Instagram for Android and Instagram for iOS. Then, you should just stick to the guidelines below and get an Instagram account.
- In the first place, you have to download the app on your smartphone – the links are presented above.
- Once the app has been downloaded and installed, you should tap its icon on your smartphone.
- Right after it, you will see a welcome page from Instagram. At that point, you have to tap on the “Create New Account” button.
- After you have done that, you will be offered to register an account with your mobile phone number. Instead, you should switch to the “EMAIL ADDRESS” tab.
- Now, you can start registering your account. In the provided field, you have to enter your email address. Then, you should tap on the “Next” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see what a username you got. If you want to change it, you can tap the “Change username” text button. If you want to leave it, tap the “Next” button.
- Then, you will be asked to set up a photo for your new Instagram account. If you don’t want to do it now, tap the “Skip” text button.
- You can also connect to your friends from Facebook – tap the “Connect to Facebook” button for that purpose. If you want to avoid that, tap the “Skip” text button, placed right beneath it.
- In the end, you will get to see the feed of your newly created Instagram account. Now, you can use it.
- Yet, there is one more thing left to do: you should confirm your email address. For that purpose, you should access the inbox of your email address and find a letter from Instagram there. Open that letter and tap/click the “Confirm your email address” button there.
- Right after that, you will get to see your feed again. At that time, however, your email address will be confirmed.
How to Enable 2-Step Verification
If you want to ensure the high level of safety of your Instagram account, you can choose to enable a 2-factor authentication right after signing up for it. In a result, you will be required to enter a verification code (you will receive it on your smartphone) each time you will try to log in to your account. All in all, there is nothing difficult in setting this feature up, and you can do it quite quickly.
- First of all, you have to log in to your Instagram account. For that, open a new tab in your browser and go to the following website: https://instagram.com/.
- There, you should switch to the “Login” option, enter your username and password, click on the “Login” button.
- On the page of your Instagram profile, you should click on the “Settings” button, placed to the right side from the “Edit Profile” button.
- In a menu that you have just got to see, you should select “Privacy and Security.”
- On the next page, you should scroll down until you will get to see the “Two-Factor Authentication” section.
- In that section, you should click on the “Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting” text button.
- On the following page, you should check the box and choose how you want to receive verification codes: via text messages or via the authentication app.
- In a new tab that you have just got to see, you should click on “Turn On.”
- On the next page, you should click on the “Next” button and finalize this procedure.
- Following it, you will receive a verification code on your smartphone or in the app. After receiving it that code, enter it in the given field and click on the “Done” button.
- Now, you have just enabled the 2-factor authentication feature. From this moment on, you will have to use your smartphone/authentication app each time you will try to access your Instagram account.
Instagram Sign Up Problems
Unfortunately, not everything runs so smoothly for every user on Instagram –, especially for beginners. Sometimes, new users encounter numerous problems before they really finish the registration of their accounts. At this stage of our article, we will provide you with solutions to the most common Instagram sign up issues.
The username I want is already taken. Unfortunately, there is no way how you can get this username then. In such a case, we recommend you to look for another username that you might find appealing.
I didn’t receive a verification letter from Instagram to my email address. First of all, you should make sure that you have entered a correct email address. If the email address is correct, then look for your verification letter in different folders – such folders like “Social” or “Updates” if you use Gmail, for instance. If there is still no verification letter, try to resend it. If it doesn’t help, link your account to your mobile phone number and write to the Instagram support about your problem.
Questions and Answers
Q: How to sign up for a business Instagram account?
Actually, the first thing you should do is to create any Instagram account. In this case, you should follow any of our guides to signing up for Instagram. And only after that, you can log in to your newly created account and select “Switch to the Business Account” option. In a moment, your account will be switched from a usual one to a business one.
Q: How to sign up for multiple Instagram accounts?
As a matter of fact, you should simply log out of your first Instagram account. Then, follow one of our sign up guides and repeat the registration process, but use a new email address and username that time. Moreover, if you use the mobile app of Instagram (which is very likely), you can add both accounts to your Instagram app and switch between them in the matter of a second.
Q: How to sign up for Instagram using Facebook?
At first, you should complete the registration process entirely, as described above. Once you have logged in to your newly created Insta account, you can link it to your Facebook account in the settings of the app/profile. From that moment on, you will be able to log in to Instagram each time using your Facebook account.