Instagram appears to be the world’s third most popular social network at the present time, lagging behind only Facebook and YouTube. If you already have an account in this social network, this Instagram Login guide will demonstrate you how to sign in to your Instagram account within minutes. You will also find a way how to recover your account, as well as many other important tips in this article.
How to Sign In To Instagram.com
Actually, it is quite obvious that you can use your Instagram account on both mobile devices and PC/laptop. Moreover, the majority of Instagram users use it exactly on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. We will provide comprehensive, detailed guides for any type of a gadget, so you will definitely have no problems while trying to sign in to your Instagram account.
Instagram Login on Windows/Mac
Basically, there is definitely nothing difficult in signing in to your Instagram account on a personal computer or laptop. The entire process will barely take more than a minute, and here you can see how to make an Instagram login step by step.
- You should start the entire process by launching a new tab in your browser and going to the following website: https://instagram.com/.
- On the main webpage of Instagram, you will get to see the registration form, placed on the right side. There, you should click on the “Log in” text button, placed at the bottom of that form.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the Instagram login form – now, you can start accessing your Instagram account.
- At first, you must enter your username, email address, or phone number in the first field of that form.
- Secondly, you should type the password of your Instagram account in the second field.
- Eventually, you can click on the blue “Log in” button and attempt to sign in to your Instagram account right away.
- If you have a 2-step verification feature turned on, you will receive an SMS message with a verification code.
- Type that verification code in the provided field and click on the “Confirm” button.
- If you have done everything correctly, you will get to see the feed of your Instagram account in a moment. Now, you can freely use your Insta account on a personal computer.
Login to Instagram on Mobile Devices
It tends to be quite obvious, however, that the easiest way of using Instagram is doing so on a mobile phone. For that purpose, we recommend you to have the Instagram app installed: Instagram for Android and Instagram for iOS. If you have problems with signing in to your Instagram account on a mobile device, stick to the instructions that you can see right below.
- In the first place, you should download and install the Instagram app for your smartphone (you can get the links right above).
- Once you have the Instagram app downloaded and installed onto your smartphone, you can tap its icon and run the app.
- Following it, you will get to see the page with the Instagram login form right away. At that point, you can start logging in to your account.
- At first, you should enter your mobile phone, username, or email address in the first field.
- Next, you have to type the password of your Instagram account in the second field of the login form.
- Eventually, you should click on the blue “Log In” button.
- If you have entered your credentials correctly, you will get logged in to your account in a moment. Moreover, we have to point out that you don’t need to log in to your Instagram account via the app each time. Logging in to Instagram account one time is enough – unless you will clean the cache and all other data of your Instagram application.
What Is Instagram
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing service, which is owned by Facebook, the world’s largest social network. The service started as an exclusive iOS app – the Android version was added only a year later, while the website was launched only 2 years later.
Basically, Instagram allows users to upload photos and videos, share them (using hashtags and location), and apply different filters to the photos and videos. Initially, the service was particularly known for allowing only square photos, but eventually, this requirement has been lifted. Nowadays, this social network is valued around $100 billion.
Recover Instagram Account
In a case that you encountered a problem of being unable to access your account, you are likely to need to recover it. For that purpose, you should have access either to an email address or to a mobile phone, which is linked to your Instagram account. Then, just follow the instructions from the guide below and get your Instagram recovered within minutes.
- First of all, you have to launch a new tab in your browser and head to the following website: https://instagram.com/.
- Once you have entered the Instagram website, you should draw your attention to the left – you will see a signup form there. Instead, you should click on the “Log in” text button, which is placed at the bottom of it.
- After you have got to see the Instagram login form, you should click on the “Forgot password?” text button beneath it.
- Following it, you will get to see a page where you will be asked to enter your username, phone number, or email address. Enter one of these data and click on the “Send Login Link” button.
- Right after that, you will notice a notification, saying that the recovery email has been sent. Go to your email inbox.
- In the email inbox, find a letter from Instagram and open it. In that letter, you should click on the “Reset Password” button.
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page where you will have an opportunity to set up a new password for your account.
- Enter your new password in both fields on that page and make sure that they correspond. In the end, you should click on the “Reset Password” button.
- If you have a 2-step verification feature turned on, you will receive an SMS message. Enter the verification code in the provided field and click on the “Log in” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your Instagram account. Now, you can use your Instagram account again without any problems! From that moment on, however, you will have to use a new password each time you will try to access your account.
Instagram Login Problems
Unfortunately, there are plenty of issues that the Instagram users might experience while trying to log in to their accounts. These common Instagram login problems are described here, and we have found solutions to each of them.
I can’t remember the password of my Instagram account. Unfortunately, there is no other way how you can sign in to your Instagram account. If you have lost or forgotten your password, please recover it by using the instructions from our guide above.
I have lost my smartphone and I have the 2-step verification feature turned on. How can I access my Instagram account? In the first place, you should definitely talk to your carrier and recover your mobile phone number. Until you will solve the issue with your carrier, you should talk to the Instagram support and describe them your problem.
How to Sign Out
If you have problems with how to sign out of your Instagram account on PC, we will definitely help you with that. At this point, we will provide you with a quick, simple guide on this matter.
- On the page of your Instagram account, you should click on the “Settings” button, which is placed to the right side of the “Edit Profile” button.
- In the menu that you have just got to see, you should select the “Log Out” option.
- Right after doing that, you will get to see the main webpage of Instagram. At that point, however, you will not be logged in to your account on Instagram anymore.
Questions and Answers
Q: How to log in to Instagram using Facebook?
In fact, it is a very simple thing to do. At the stage of the Instagram login form, you should simply click on the “Log In with Facebook” button. However, you must keep in mind that you must be logged in to your Facebook account on that device.
Q: Does Instagram notify you when you log in?
If Instagram finds the activity suspicious or if you have set up the settings so, Instagram will definitely notify you about the sign in attempt. Otherwise, however, you shouldn’t expect it from Instagram and rely on it. Moreover, the notifications usually come to your email address.
Q: How to log in to another Instagram account?
For this purpose, you should first log out of your first Instagram account – please, stick to the instructions from the “How to Sign Out” section at first. Then, you can log in to your other Instagram account – just enter different credentials and that’s it.