What is CBD?
For those that are new to this, CBD is extracted mainly from hemp, and it has a chemical formula that is similar to that of THC and other cannabinoids that have been traditionally been associated only with marijuana.
What makes CBD unique from other cannabinoids is its ability to promote human health by working with the endocrine system, the immune system, nervous system, and other systems in the body.
CBD in skin care
Cannabidiol not only works on the inside, it also has an undeniable effect on the skin, and in particular, because of its antioxidant property, which minimizes vulnerability to common skin infections.
CBD oil can be applied directly to the skin to manage skin sensitivity especially if you experience irritation, or are likely to get pimples from having oily skin.
Benefits of CBD in skin care:
CBD’s effect on skin
Cannabidiol has a number of properties that make it unique for skin care such as:
- Antioxidant effect that prevents infection of sebum glands.
- Removes free radicals to improve complexion.
- Provides nourishment to the skin especially when lacking a proper beauty routine.
- Normalizes skin pH and reduces toxicity.
- Reduces signs of aging by protecting skin cells from decay, and by promoting cellular regeneration.
Many of these effects are compounded when other skin-friendly oils are used as part of a broader skin care routine. But in order to make the most of CBD oil for healthy skin, we recommend using it daily after washing, preferably before going to bed. That way, your skin will have plenty of time to heal and improve texture; and for the sake of maintaining soft, smooth skin, always wear sunscreen when going out.
Remember, UV rays are responsible for much of the damage that occurs on the surface of the skin. What’s worse, ultra violet Ray’s cause damage during a hot day as well as in cold weather. There is no indication that cloud cover will protect you from sun-damage, so using sunscreen should be a normal routine regardless of the weather.
- Use CBD oil in your bath water and let it soak for a while.
- Apply CBD oil to your skin directly after shower or bath, to lock in the moisture.
- Cannabidiol can be ingested to increase its healing effect through the whole body.
- Stay hydrated to reduce toxicity and to help the skin stay soft and smooth.
- In the case of acne, wash and dry your skin thoroughly, and apply CBD oil before bed.
- Use CBD oil every day for maximum effects, and reduce alcohol consumption.
- Also, don’t smoke.