Hotmail, which is also known as Outlook.com, appears to be one of the most popular email service providers in the world. Besides, it tends to be fairly easy to complete the Hotmail sign up process and get a new account on Hotmail! We will not only show you how to create a new Hotmail account but will also provide you with solutions to the most common sign up problems.
How to Sign Up for Hotmail
In fact, you can create a new Hotmail account on any device – that’s why we will provide guides for both PC/laptops and mobile devices. The overall account registration process is not very difficult, even though it appears the most lengthy one at Hotmail (among other email service providers).
Hotmail Sign Up on PC / Laptop
As a matter of fact, the easiest way to sign up for Hotmail is to do so on a PC or laptop. The overall registration process takes from 2 to 5 minutes, and you are unlikely to face any difficulties if you will follow the guidelines below.
- In the first place, you have to enter the Outlook website by clicking here: https://outlook.live.com/.
- There, you have to start the Hotmail sign up process by clicking on “Create free account.”
- On the next page, you have to create a username and type it in the given field. Also, choose whether you want @outlook.com or @hotmail.com email address. Proceed further by clicking on the “Next” button.
- Then, set up a reliable, strong password for your account. Type that password in the given field and click on “Next.”
- On the following page, you should enter your first and last name. Then, click on the “Next” button again.
- The next page will require you to provide additional information, such as your country and birthdate. In the end, click on “Next.”
- Next, you have to enter the Captcha code from the image in the provided field and click on “Next.”
- Eventually, you will notice that your new Hotmai account has been created. Now, you need to personalize your new Hotmail account. At first, click on “Next” in the invitation tab.
- Next, set up your language and timezone in the next tab. Next, proceed further by clicking on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will be able to choose a theme of your profile. Do it and click on “Next.”
- In the end, you will be able to enable (and set up) or disable a signature for your Hotmail account. Once you are done with it, click on the “Next” button.
- Now, your new Hotmail account has been personalized and you can use it the way you wish.
Create New Hotmail Account on Mobile Devices
But even if you can’t use your PC or laptop now, you can sign up for Hotmail on a mobile device. But in order to make it more convenient for you, we recommend you to download and install the Hotmail mobile app: Hotmail for Android and Hotmail for iOS.
- First of all, you have to download and install the mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Once the app is installed, you can tap the app’s icon and launch the mobile application.
- After doing so, you will get to see the welcome notification. There, tap “Get Started.”
- On the following page, you will be offered to add a Google account. Instead of doing so, tap the “SKIP” text button.
- Then, you will be offered to enter your email address in the given field. At that point, you have to make up a username for your future email address. Enter that username along with the email address ending (@hotmail.com or @outlook.com) in the given field and tap on “Continue.”
- On the next page, you will get a notification, saying that there is no such email address. There, you need to tap the “Create one!” text button.
- On the following page, you will get to see what an email address will be created. There, you must proceed further by tapping the “Next” button.
- Then, create a password for your account and type it in the field on the next page. Then, proceed further by tapping “Next.”
- Following it, Hotmail will require you to enter your first and last name. Provide that information in the given fields and tap “Next.”
- On the next page, you have to select your country and date of birth. Then, proceed further by tapping the “Next” button.
- Eventually, you will get to enter the Captcha code from the image and tap “Next.”
- Immediately after that, you will notice that a new Hotmail account has been created on your mobile device. Besides, it will immediately be accessible in your mobile app – you don’t have to log in to that account every time.
Hotmail Sign Up Problems & Solutions
Do you experience problems while attempting to sign up for Hotmail? Here, we will provide solutions to the most common Hotmail sign up problems.
Outlook requires me to provide my phone number, but I don’t want to. And I can’t register because of it. In some rare instances, Outlook (i.e. Microsoft) requires the users to provide their phone numbers during the registration. Why this happens to certain users is, however, not known. We recommend you to try to sign up for Hotmail with a different IP address and from a different device – usually, this works and Outlook doesn’t require the mobile phone number anymore.
I can’t register my second account on Hotmail. What’s the problem? Currently, Hotmail (Outlook) doesn’t have limitations in regards to how many accounts you can register with it. So, if you can’t sign up for another Hotmail account, the problem is caused by something else. In such a case, we would recommend you to follow our instructions step by step and, if there is an issue, find out what causes it. If this doesn’t help, please contact the customer support of Hotmail.
We did our best to provide you with the most exact and necessary info about this matter. Yet, some articles may contribute to this topic and serve as a supplement to our guide. You can have a look at these pages:
How to Setup Hotmail on Android
How to Access Hotmail and Outlook on Your Android Device
How to Access Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook
Use Hotmail from Microsft Outlook
How to Setup Hotmail Email on iPhone or iPad