PayPal appears to be a technological company, which allows its users to make transactions, send/receive money, and pay for goods and services. In this guide, you will learn how to complete a PayPal sign up procedure literally on any device. Just within a couple of minutes, you will learn how to create a PayPal account to send or receive money.
How to Sign Up for PayPal on Windows/Mac
Indeed, there is no easier way to sign up for PayPal than doing it on a personal computer. As you will learn from this guide, there is only one thing you need to have in order to sign up for PayPal: a valid email address. If you have that, then you will be able to create a PayPal account within minutes.
- In the first place, you have to open a new tab in the browser and access the following website: https://paypal.com/.
- On the website of PayPal, you should click on the “Sign Up For Free” button, placed right in the middle of the page.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a short PayPal sign up form. At that point, you have to start filling it out: provide your country, first and last name, email address, and a password for your future PayPal account. Make sure that the password is strong enough, comprising of capital letters, small letters, digits, and special symbols. Once the form is filled out, you should click on the “Next” button.
- Right after that, you will see another form that you have to fill out. Provide your home address, postal code, city, date of birth, and your phone number. Then, check the boxes near “Stay logged in” (this is optional) and “I confirm that…” (this is mandatory). Click on the “Agree and Create Account” button.
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of your newly created PayPal account. Before using it, you should still confirm your email address.
- Go to your email inbox and find a letter from PayPal there. Open the letter and click on the “Yes, this is my email” button.
- You will be redirected back to the PayPal webpage. At that point, you should type the password of your PayPal account in the given field to confirm your identity. Then, click on the “Confirm Email Address” button again.
- You will also be offered to add an extra layer of security with your mobile phone. You can skip it or confirm your mobile phone. Click on the “Next” button.
- After receiving an SMS message, type the code in the given field and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you have just verified your PayPal account and you can start using it right away.
PayPal Sign Up on Mobile Devices
Another thing is that you can use PayPal on mobile devices, namely through its official app: PayPal for Android and PayPal for iOS. Obviously, you can even register a PayPal account through your mobile device. Even though we will provide with PayPal sign up instructions for a mobile browser, getting registered in the official app is somewhat similar (just this mobile application doesn’t allow us to take screenshots).
- You should start by finding a mobile browser icon on your smartphone and tapping it. That will launch the application.
- In the address line of that mobile browser, you should type the following address: https://paypal.com/. Then, enter that website.
- In the center of the webpage that you have just got to see, you should tap on the blue “Sign Up For Free” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see a simple PayPal sign up form. Start filling it out. At first, select your country and enter your first and last name. Then, add a valid email address and set up a password for your future PayPal account. After all, you should tap on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you will have to provide additional information. In particular, you should provide your home address, postal code, city, date of birth, and mobile phone number. You must also check the box near “I confirm that…” After doing all this, you should proceed further by tapping the “Agree and Create Account” button.
- Right after doing so, you will notice that you have just accessed the page of your newly created PayPal account. You are almost done.
- Go to your email inbox. Open a letter from PayPal and click on the button to verify your email address.
- In the new page that you have just got to see, you should type the password of your PayPal account and tap the “Confirm Email Address” button. Now, your email address has been verified, and you can use your new PayPal account the way you want.
How to Change PayPal Password
One of the things that you might consider doing with your PayPal account is changing your PayPal password from time to time – this will help you to ensure the safety of your account. It takes only a couple of minutes of your time to change the PayPal password, and sometimes it’s really needed. Stick to our guidelines below.
- You should start the entire process by going to the webpage of PayPal (https://paypal.com/) and accessing your account there.
- Once you have logged in to your PayPal account, you should click on the “Settings” button in the right upper corner, placed next to the “LOG OUT” button.
- On the page of your account’s settings, you should select the “SECURITY” section at the top.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the page of your security settings. At that stage, you have to click on the “Edit” text button near the “Password” field.
- On the next page, you will be able to set up a new password for your PayPal account. At first, you should enter your old password in the first field of that form.
- Then, you should make up a strong, dependable password for your PayPal account. Make sure that the password includes capital letters, small letters, digits, and special symbols. Then, type that password in the remaining two fields and click on the “Change Password” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see a notification, saying that your password has just been updated. From that moment on, you will have to use the new password each time you will attempt to log in to your PayPal account.
PayPal Sign Up Problems
Even though PayPal is, perhaps, the most popular service for making payments online nowadays, there are certain PayPal sign up problems that might arise. In this part of our guide, we tried to list these problems and solutions to them, so we hope that it will help you to avoid such issues.
I don’t have a mobile phone number (I don’t want to provide PayPal with my mobile phone number). Unfortunately, there is no way how you can get around it. PayPal literally requires each of its users to provide a phone number, and you are not an exception. We also highly discourage you from using third-party apps to confirm a fake phone number, since it will compromise your PayPal account.
PayPal requires me to provide my documents to verify my identity. As a matter of fact, you will not get the full functionality of PayPal, unless you verify your identity with your ID, international passport, or a valid driving license. If you are not able to provide any of these, you can send your birthday certificate along with a document, issued by the government, to the PayPal support through the Resolution Center.
I don’t receive a verification email address from PayPal. First of all, you should check different folders (such as “Updates”) and look for this verification letter. Also, make sure that you have entered a correct email address. If you didn’t find it, head to your PayPal account’s settings and resend the verification letter. If the problem persists, please contact the PayPal customer support.
Questions and Answers
Q: How old do you have to be to sign up for PayPal?
You need to be at least 18 years old in order to be eligible for a PayPal account. If you are younger than that, you can still use the service of PayPal, but with your parents’ assistance.
Q: How do I sign up for PayPal on eBay?
Initially, PayPal and eBay were a part of one company, but nowadays PayPal is a separate company. This means that you can’t sign up for PayPal on the website of eBay. Thus, please head to the website of PayPal, stick to our guidelines, and set up a PayPal account. Once you have got a PayPal account, you will be able to link it to your eBay account in the settings of your eBay account.
Q: How to sign up for PayPal without bank account?
Actually, you are able to sign up for a PayPal account without having a credit card or a bank account. PayPal only offers you to link your account to a credit card, but you still can well use it without linking to one at all.