What is Gmail?
Google launched Gmail after Hotmail and Yahoo, however, Gmail has become the most commonly used email service. Sign up for Gmail is free. You can sign up for multiple Gmail accounts and use just one phone number to confirm multiple Gmail accounts. With Gmail, you can store mail up to 15G. About privacy, there is no need to worry because Google is always one of the safest online service providers today. Having a Gmail account sign up will help you:
- Send and receive email messages easily and quickly wherever you are with just an Internet connection.
- Sign, use and synchronize with all Google services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play, YouTube, Google Plus, Google Driver …
- Use a Gmail account to sign up for online accounts like Facebook, Twitter, …
- Send documents and attachments easily. For files with large capacities, Google will support you to Upload to Google Drive and share.
- Download apps, games and books from Google Play
- Prepare a telephone number to receive SMS containing a verification code.
- Google allows one person to create multiple Gmail accounts but if you tend to create multiple accounts for whatever purposes, they can be all deleted.
How to create a new Gmail account?
- Step 1: First, you visit Gmail.com, then choose Create Account or click on this button to signup Gmail:
- Step 2: In the Gmail sign up Form, you enter all the information that are required by Gmail.
Guide to fill in information:
- Name: Enter your first and last name. You can change or update it later.
- Select your user name: Enter the Gmail nickname you want to set up in form of firstname.lastname@example.org. Gmail name may include letters, numbers and dots and must be between 6 and 30 characters. If it notifies that user name has already been in use. Try another username.
- Password: Confirm your password: Gmail passwords are required to be at least 8 characters. You should use a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and characters to have the safest password. You should not use easily guessed password like 12345678, your name, the name of a relative or birth date, phone number ...
- Birthday: Enter your date of birth. Under the provisions of Google, if by the time you create your Gmail, you have not been 13 years old, then you couldn’t create your Gmail account . So please pay attention to this section.
- Gender: Choose your gender (Male, female or other).
- Mobile: Enter your phone number. This option is not required, but you should enter your phone number. Because if you forget your password, you can easily restore password or change it via this phone number.
- Your current email address: If you have already had another account then please enter your email here. Linking your old email account and the Gmail account which is about to be create will help you easily retrieve your password when you forget or lost it.
- Skip this verification step: If you tick this box, you don’t need to enter captcha code below. However in the next step you will need to enter a verification code sent to your phone number to complete the registration.
- Enter the captcha: Enter the number you see in the picture above this bracket. Click the circle arrow button beside to switch to other image, or click the speaker icon below to listen to the verification code instead.
- Step 3: Set your personal profile. You can set it immediately or put it aside. Press Next
- Step 4: Click Continue to go to Gmail.com. You will be redirect to your Gmail inbox immediately. Congratulate! You’ve successfully create Gmail account. From now on, you can login Gmail and use Gmail to send and receive emails.
You have successfully created your Gmail account. Here are some other helpful guides.
How to change your Gmail password?
In experts’s opinion, you should change Gmail password at 2-3 month. Google – father of Gmail – also encourages that the user should change Google account’s password regularly. If you want to change Gmail’s password, you can refer to tips below.
The notes which you need to care when change to password
- You change to Gmail’s password , that is you also change to all of Google account’s password, such as Youtube, HC play, GoogleMaps, Google Plus…
- You should turn off capslock when you enter password
- The longer your password are, the securitier your password are. The password should be mixed by characters, symbols and numbers, capital characters…
Enter to information which Google requests. Another way:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings and choose “Accounts and Import”.
- Click “Change your password” where you will be required to enter your current password and your new password.
- Confirm your new password and then select the button “Change Password”.
- Then, you press the button : “Change password”.
- After change to Gmail password successfully, you will be cameback to the setting account page.
Note: If you forget your password, you can press link "Recover your Gmail password".
How to change the displayed name in Gmail?
Instructions on how to change the displayed name in Gmail. If you want to change the current name of your Gmail account. For some reasons, you want to change the name displayed on outgoing messages from Gmail (Gmail name), then see the instructions below for renaming.
Method 1: Rename Gmail name onlyStep 1: Sign in your Gmail account. Access to the following URL: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts
Step 2: Click on the Edit information ( edit info).
Step 3: Click the circle under the Gmail name you are using and enter your new Gmail name in the box beside. Then click Save Changes. So, you've already changed your name displayed on messages sent from Gmail!
Method 2: Rename Google plus nameStep 1: Access to your Google Plus through the following URL: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
Step 2: Click Home -> Profile
Step 3: Click your name to edit
Step 4: Click "More options"
Step 5: Enter your new Google account (Gmail). See how your new Gmail name will be displayed in "Display my name as". Then click Save.
Step 6: A new window appears, click the Rename button to confirm! Good luck!
Related Articles:Hotmail login process: Sign into Outlook.com
How to create a Hotmail account?