The instructions in this module use the VOIP program Skype because it is free and because it is possible to record calls using Ecamm's Call Recorder for Skype. However, other VOIP programs may also work, provided that they permit some way to record calls. We have also noticed that audio quality appears better on Skype compared to other programs.
What you'll need:
- Studio microphone (we love the Samson Meteor Mic, but many do the trick)
- Laptop computer
- A third-party call recorder for Skype (e.g. Ecamm's Call Recorder for Skype; offers a free trial or a full version for $30)
- Audio recording / editing software (e.g. Audacity)
- Track layering software (e.g. Garage Band for iOS)
- ID3 tag editor (e.g. Kid3)