DBS checks include some intelligence which is held by the police about a particular offence that one may have got themselves into.
There is no difference between a CRB and DBS check and a DBS check is generally of 3 levels which are basic standard and enhanced. The DBS check generally takes up to 5 days or 10 days at a maximum but in special cases it can also take up 60 days.
A few important guidelines about a DBS check:
- A company may decide to stream their employees if the job description requires them to do so as it just lets them be aware of what kind of a person is working for them.
- Sometimes the company’s employer can directly ask the employee to provide them with certain information but the problem with that is that the person being asked might hide some details hence it is better to get a DBS check done.
- The jobs that generally required a background check is that of healthcare professionals educational workers financial specialists or even childcare workers and such a cheque can actually just be for any position of the ones that have been stated.
- If you're going to be working with children or vulnerable adults then it is actually very important to have an enhanced DBS check so as to ensure that you are capable of doing the job at hand and hence such a check is done.
- If you are actually looking to get a check done for somebody then you need to get the permission of that person first.
- Background checks are very common these days and if the proper steps and the consent are gained then it should be carried out without any problem.
- A CV might show a lot of exaggerated stuff so a background check is the best way to find out if the person is lying or whether all the information that he or she has given about them is correct.
- Whenever we apply it is our duty to give the right information to the employer so that he or she can judge whether we are fit for the job but many times many employees do not do so because of which a background check become is vital to understand their true nature.
- A disclosure such as a DBS cannot last forever because it gives an information only up to the point on which it has been applied for and not and so it is not permanent in nature.
- A disclosure certificate can obviously be reused but till what point it is accurate cannot be said and hence if you are somebody who is taking some one as a new employee then you might want to do the disclosure test all over again.