Do you want to download YouTube videos on your device? If yes, you should realize that YouTube doesn’t permit free users to download videos directly from the platform. YouTube wants you to continue coming back to the platform to view any video that you want. However, there are instances where you need to use the video offline without necessarily going to the platform.
In such instances, we have the perfect solutions for you as this article will explain how you can download YouTube videos on any device of your choice.
Use a video converter
There are certain applications that are designed for downloading YouTube videos. These applications will come in handy at this point.
- Download a YouTube converter on your device. Open it.
- Visit www.youtube.com, look for the video you want to download and copy its URL.
- Go back to your converter and paste the URL in the allocated bar.
- Choose the format of the video you want to download. For videos, you can choose MP4 or any other video format.
- Tap “Convert” for the app to convert the video to the selected format. Be patient as this will take a few minutes.
- Now, tap “Download” to download the YouTube video on your device.
Voila! You have downloaded the video and can play it whenever you want offline.
Use VD on a web browser
An alternative to using a video converter is the VD option.
- Using a web browser on your phone, tablet or computer, visit www.youtube.com.
- Navigate to the YouTube video you intend to download on your device. Normally, the video will be playing at this point.
- Look at the address bar at the top of the window of the browser and click the URL.
- Edit the URL by adding vd before the youtube. The URL will look like a www.vdyoutube.com. Now, press “Enter” and you will be redirected to the website of VDY with the link for the video you want to download.
- Then select the video quality you prefer. Afterward, tap “Download”. The video will download immediately and you can access it on your device.
Use YouTube Premium
If you don’t want to use any third-party option to download videos from the platform, you can use YouTube Premium. It is worthwhile to note that YouTube Premium costs around $15 per month. This is perhaps the legal means of downloading YouTube videos.
- Go to YouTube and then sign in. Look at the top right corner and tap your profile pic.
- Check out the options and choose “Get YouTube Premium”. You will have to complete a few steps to set up a premium account and pay for it.
- Once you are done with this, you can now start downloading YouTube videos and can watch offline on your device whenever you want.
With this tutorial, you can choose any of the three methods highlighted above and download any YouTube videos on your phone, tablet, or computer without any restriction or issue. So, have fun as you download and start enjoying your videos.