Beyond theatrical screenings, IPC employed mobile cinema vans to project its films to audiences in smaller towns and isolated locations, such as oil fields and pump stations. According to the film unit’s cameraman, Peter Kelly, the vans would even travel to remote sites like Nasriyah and stage special screenings for audiences of IPC staff and oil workers that were as small as 50-100 people. In 1953, the first modern cinema house opened in the Kirkuk oil fields to show various programmes of popular and company films.
English-language versions of IPC’s Arabic-language films were also distributed outside of Iraq, among internal and general audiences in Britain. The films were shown to company staff in the cinema room in the London headquarters on Oxford Street, 'so that office personnel [could] learn – from English versions of the Iraq films - what takes place at the oil-producing centres they [were] never likely to see.' Derek Hayter, a former IPC public relations official, recounted that in addition to internal screenings, the London office regularly loaned English translations of the films to British schools, universities and film societies free of charge.
IPC films were also available for the public to borrow free of charge from the Petroleum Film Bureau in London. The most popular films among British audiences were not produced by IPC’s own film unit but by London-based productions units like Film Centre and Greenpark. Chief among them were the oil-company-sponsored films The Third River, Ageless Iraq and Rivers of Time, which were catalogued and promoted in film trade periodicals such as Film User and To-day’s Cinema as educational films appropriate for teaching students about Iraq, its history and culture. These films were translated to Arabic for distribution in Iraq; however, only the English-language versions have been archived and made available.