Facebook, the world’s largest social network, has more than 2 billion registered users. If you don’t have an account with this social network yet, you can complete a quick Facebook Sign Up procedure. In this article, we will disclose how to register a Facebook account on any device, as well as we will answer the most frequent questions on this matter.
How to Sign Up for Facebook on Windows/Mac
Indeed, the easiest way to complete a Facebook Sign Up process is to do so on your laptop or PC. At this point in our guide, we will disclose how to register a new Facebook.com account using your personal computer. You should just stick to the guidelines provided here, and you can be sure that you will succeed to create a new account within a few minutes!
- In the first place, you have to launch a new tab in your browser and go to the following website: https://facebook.com/.
- Once you have entered the Facebook website, you will notice a Facebook sign up form, placed on the right side – this is the place where you can register a new Facebook account.
- Start filling out that registration form. At first, you should enter your first and last name in the first two fields. Then, enter your email address (or phone number) in the next field and repeat it in the field that has just appeared.
- Next, set up a password for your future account. Also, select your birthday and gender.
- Once the registration form is completed, you should click on the “Sign Up” button and proceed further.
- Then, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have to verify your email address. Do it.
- For that purpose, go to your email inbox and find a letter from Facebook. Open it and copy a code from that letter.
- Then, paste the code in the given field on the Facebook page (unless it has been inserted automatically). Click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, you will be offered to add some friends on Facebook. Click on the “Next” button right away if you don’t want to add anyone yet.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the feed of your newly created Facebook account. This means that you have succeeded to set up a new account on Facebook.
Register Facebook Account on Mobile Device
But if you don’t have access to your PC or laptop at the present time, you can also sign up for Facebook using your smartphone or tablet. The easiest way to do is to sign up in the official app of Facebook (you may download the app from the Google Play or Apple Store). You can also follow our instructions and sign up for Facebook in a mobile browser – the procedure is pretty similar and you will encounter zero problems.
- At first, you have to install the mobile app of Facebook from Apple Store or Google Play (the links are provided above).
- Once the app has been installed, you should find its icon on your smartphone and tap on it in order to launch the application.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a Facebook login form. But instead of using it, you should tap on the green “CREATE NEW FACEBOOK ACCOUNT” button, placed at the bottom there.
- Then, you will get to see an invitation to join Facebook. At that point, you should tap on the “Next” button.
- Next, you will have to provide your full name. Type your first name and surname in the provided fields and tap the “Next” button.
- After it, you will have to provide the information about your birthday. Select your birthday and tap the “Next” button again.
- Then, you should select your gender and tap “Next” thereafter.
- Eventually, you will be offered to enter your mobile number in order to sign up for Facebook. But instead (especially if you don’t want to provide your phone number), you should tap on the “Sign up with Email Address” text button, placed at the bottom of that page.
- On the next page, type your email address in the provided field and tap the “Next” button once more.
- The following page will require you to set up a password for your Facebook account. Type your password in that field and tap “Next.”
- Eventually, you will be able to finalize the Facebook sign up process. For that purpose, you should tap the “Sign Up” button.
- There is, however, one more thing left to do: you should confirm your email address. Do it.
- Go to your email inbox and open a letter from Facebook. Find there a verification code and copy it.
- Next, paste that code in the provided field on the Facebook page and tap the “Confirm” button.
- Eventually, you will get to see the feed of your newly created Facebook account. From that moment on, you can start using it on a permanent basis.
How to Enable 2-Step Verification
Once you have signed up for Facebook, you can choose to enable a 2-step authentication on Facebook. That will allow you to enhance the security of your Facebook account, requiring you (and anyone else attempting to access your account) to enter a verification code that you will receive on your smartphone. But before sticking to our instructions, make sure that you have linked your Facebook account to your mobile phone.
- In the first place, you should go to the main webpage of Facebook and sign in to your account.
- Once you have logged in to your Facebook account, you can start the process of enabling a 2-status authentication. Click on the “Settings” button, pictured in a form of an arrow pointing down and placed in the right-upper corner.
- In a pop-up menu that you have just triggered, you should select “Settings.”
- On the left side of the settings page, you will see different sections of the settings of your Facebook account. There, you must click on the “Security and Login” section.
- Once you have got to see the page of your security settings, you should click on the “Edit” button next to “Use two-factor authentication.”
- On the next page, you have to click on the “Get Started” button.
- Then, you will be asked to re-enter the password of your account. Type the password in the provided field and click on the “Submit” button.
- Following it, select a way of receiving verification codes: Text Message or Authentication App. Click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, you will receive a verification code and you should enter it in the provided field.
- On the next page, you will notice a notification, saying that the 2-factor authentication feature is on now. Click on the “Finish” button.
- From that moment on, you will be asked to verify your login attempt with a verification code, which you will receive either as an SMS message or in the authentication app.
Facebook Sign Up Problems
As you could see from this Facebook Sign Up guide, there is definitely nothing difficult in registering a Facebook account. But there are numerous problems that people from time to time experience while trying to create their Facebook accounts. In this part of our guide, we will list solutions for the most common sign up problems.
I don’t receive a verification email from Facebook. There are several reasons for such a problem. First of all, you should make sure that you have entered a correct email address. Secondly, try to look for this email in all folders of your email account – don’t forget to check the “Trash,” Updates,” and “Social” folders. If the problem persists and re-sending a verification email doesn’t help, you should link your Facebook account to your mobile phone and verify it in that way.
Facebook says that someone has already been registered with my email address/mobile phone. First of all, you should check whether you enter a correct email address or mobile phone. Secondly, make sure that no one else uses your email address or phone number. If the problem persists, use your mobile phone/email address and recover the password to that account. Then, you will be able to look up to that account. We should also note that one mobile phone number can be used for several accounts on Facebook.
Questions and Answers
Q: How old should I be to have an account on Facebook?
In order to be allowed to register a Facebook account, you should be at least 13 years old. If you are younger than that, you cannot set up your own Facebook account.
Q: How many Facebook accounts can I register?
You are allowed to create as many accounts on Facebook as you want. However, we should stress that you might need to create not another account for a certain purpose, but a community page or a persona page – this way you will be able to manage all the pages with one account.
Q: How to link my Facebook account to my phone number?
You are able to do that in your account’s settings – right in the general settings. Just click on the “Edit” button next to the “Phone number” line.