This article provides various solutions for recovering your Yahoo! Mail password.
How to recover your forgotten Yahoo! Mail password?
To reset your forgotten Yahoo! Mail password:
- Open the Yahoo! Sign-in Helper page.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail email address or your phone number
- Click Continue. Yahoo! Mail’s sign-in helper will now walk you through the options.
If you have a mobile number associated with the account and can access text messages received there:
- Click Yes, text me an Account Key under Do you have access to this phone?. If you’re unable to receive or see text messages at that number, make sure you choose I don’t have access to this phone so you get other options for resetting your forgotten Yahoo! Mail password.
- You will receive a message containing the Account Key within a couple minutes. Enter it into the text box in the middle of the page.
- Click Verify.
If you have a secondary email address associated with your Yahoo! Mail account:
- Click Yes, send me an Account Key under Do you have access to this email?. If you suspect somebody may be reading your email or if you cannot receive messages at the address anymore, click I don’t have access to this email instead.
- Type the account key you got by email under Verify that you have access to this email.
- Click Verify.
If you don’t have access to either a secondary email address or phone number, Yahoo! may ask you for other information to verify your identity, such as contacts in your Yahoo! Mail address book.
Once you have successfully recovered access to your account, you can change the Yahoo! Mail password.
If the Automated Process Fails
If all of those solutions didn’t work, you might need additional help from Yahoo!.
- Visit this Yahoo! Help Community Password and sign-in forum and post about your situation to the Yahoo! Help Community.
- Learn about recovering passwords for individual accounts.
- You can post to the Password and sign-in forum to add your feedback. You may have to create a Yahoo! Help Community account to post. Important: Do not post any personal information, such as the Yahoo! Mail email address for which you have forgotten the password, phone numbers, remembered passwords, or anything similar.