It’s necessary to upgrade your Yahoo Mail password regularly to make it harder for someone to access your account. This article shows you the quickest way to change your Yahoo password both on desktop and mobile.
Change your Yahoo password on Desktop
- Open Yahoo Mail (go to https://mail.yahoo.com/) and log into your account.
If you can’t remember your password, learn how to recover your Yahoo password now.
- Click your name in the top right of the page then select Account Info.
- Click Account security on the left side of the page.
- Enter your email address, click Next. Then, enter your Yahoo password and select Sign In.
- Click the Change password link to the right. You will now be directed to the password creation page.
- Enter your new password twice in the text boxes. Select Show password if you want to double-check your password.
- Click Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a page talking about a recovery email and phone number. You can fill that out or skip it for now with the I’ll secure my account later link at the bottom.
- You should now be returned to the Account Security page.
Change your Yahoo password on Mobile
- Open Yahoo Mail by tapping the Yahoo Mail app icon (a purple box with the phrase “Yahoo! Mail” and a white envelope on it).
This will open your Yahoo inbox if you’re already logged in.
If you aren’t logged into the Yahoo Mail app, tap Have a Yahoo account? Sign in at the bottom of the screen (or, on Android, tap Yahoo Mail), enter your email address, tap Next, enter your password, and tap Sign in.
- Tap ☰. It’s in the top-left corner of the screen (iPhone) or the search bar (Android). This will open a pop-out menu.
- Tap Manage Accounts near the top of the pop-out menu. This will open a list of currently signed-in accounts.
- In the list of signed-in accounts, find the name of the account for which you want to change the password.
- Tap Account info link below the name of the account whose password you want to change.
- Tap Security Settings in the middle of the page.
- Enter your phone’s passcode or Touch ID. If prompted, scan your Touch ID or enter your phone’s passcode. Depending on the type of phone that you have, you may not need to do this.
- Tap Change password in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Tap I would rather change my password link is at the bottom of the page. This will open the password creation page.
If you didn’t have to scan your Touch ID or enter a passcode, you may have to tap a checkbox entitled “I’m not a robot” and then tap Continue to proceed.
- Enter your new password into the “New password” text field, then re-type the password into the “Confirm new password“.
- Tap Continue button. Your password has now been reset and you should now be returned to the inbox page.