These steps will embed a media player cued to an annotation in a page at a specific point. To insert a annotation link instead (less precise, but more flexible in that the default view for the page helps determine the placement and size of the resulting media player), see Adding annotated media to a page. Note that before adding an annotation to a page you will need to have already created the annotation in Scalar.
- Sign in to your Scalar account.
- Click in your Scalar header bar to create a new page, or navigate to an existing page and click to edit that page.
- Select the text you want to link to the annotated media.
- Click and select the media with the annotations you want to link.
- Using the media reference options to select the following display preferences:
- Size. Choices include “Small” (206px wide), “Medium” (412px wide), “Large” (620px wide), “Full” (maximum wide of the page), and “Native” (the original size of the media up to the maximum width of the page).
- Alignment. Choices include "Left" (aligned left), "Center" (aligned center), and "Right" (aligned right).
- Caption. Choices include "Description" (the description for the media object will be displayed), "Title" (the title of the media object will be displayed), "Title and description" (the title and description for the media object will be displayed), and "None" (neither title nor description will be displayed).
- Next to "Annotations" select which annotations associated with the media object will display. Clicking the eye icon next to “Annotation Title,” at the top of the menu, will alternately select and de-select all annotations in the list.
- Next to “Featured annotation,” choose which of the annotations selected in the previous step will be "Featured," that is, which will display its content on page load.
- Click "Save."
For more details, see Adding Media and Links.
This page has paths:
This page references:
- Scalar Media Formatting Options
- Scalar Annotation Display Options
- Scalar Header Bar