Outlook.com, which is also widely known as Hotmail, appears to be one of the most popular email service providers in the world. There are many webmail options available nowadays, but Outlook (which also owns Live, Hotmail and MSN 365) is the most popular one. If you wanna be an Outlook or Windows Live Hotmail user, this step-by-step guide will show you how to complete a Hotmail sign in procedure on different devices. We will also provide you with different solutions to the most common Hotmail login problems, including the recovery of your account.
How to Sign In To Hotmail.com / Outlook.com
Obviously, there are many ways of using your Hotmail email address. For instance, you can use on both your PC/laptop and your mobile devices, such as smartphones or laptops. Our guide will provide you with instructions on how to log in to your Hotmail.com account on different devices. Enjoy!
Hotmail Login on Windows/Mac
As a matter of fact, the easiest way to use your Hotmail account is to do so on your personal computer or laptop (windows or mac). For that purpose, you should complete a simple login procedure, which appears to be incredibly quick and fast. As you will learn from this guide, you need only a minute of sign in to your Hotmail.com account.
- In the first place, you should launch a new tab in your browser and access the following website: https://login.live.com/
- Once you get to see the main webpage of Outlook, you are likely to see the Hotmail sign in form right in the center of the page. If there is no such form, click on the “Login” button there.
- Now, you should enter your Hotmail address in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- On the following page, you should type your password in the given field there. You can also check the box near “Keep me signed in” – it will allow you to save your session and stay signed in to your account.
- After all, you should finalize the Hotmail login process simply by clicking on the “Sign in” button on that page.
- In a moment, you will get to see the inbox of your Hotmail account. This means that you have successfully entered your email inbox.
Hotmail Sign In on Mobile Devices
You are also able to use your Hotmail account on tablets and smartphones, regardless of whether they are iOS or Android. The easiest way of using Outlook on mobile devices is to do so via the official Microsoft Outlook app: you can download it for iOS and Android. You can also log in to your Hotmail account in a mobile browser, but that is far less convenient than doing so via the mobile apps.
- So, you should start the entire process by downloading the Outlook mobile app on your smartphone – the links are provided above.
- Once the app has been downloaded and installed on your smartphone, you should find the icon of this app and tap it.
- That will actually run the application. You will get to see a welcome message, and you have to tap on the “GET STARTED” button on that page.
- Following it, you will be offered to add some other accounts to your application. Instead, you should uncheck those accounts and tap on the “SKIP” text button, placed in the right-bottom corner.
- Then, you should type your email address in the field on the next page. Remember to include the "@hotmail.com or @outlook.com" appendix in your email address. Following it, you should tap the “Continue” text button.
- On the next page, you have to enter your password in the provided field. After all, you should tap the “Sign in” button in order to access your Hotmail email account.
- Eventually, you will get to see a message that your account has been added to the app. At that point, you should click on the “SKIP” text button, placed in the left-upper corner.
- After all, you will get to see the inbox of your Hotmail address. Keep in mind that you only need to add your Hotmail account to this app only once – unless you will clean its cache and data in the future. So, you can log in to your Hotmail account next time simply by tapping the icon of this application and launching the app.
What Is Hotmail
Windows Live Hotmail Messenger, which is nowadays also known as Outlook.com, appears to be an internet portal and a provider of email services. Once, Hotmail was the most popular provider of email services in the world. Microsoft acquired Hotmail soon after the company’s foundation in 1996, yet the service was replaced by Outlook.com only in 2013.
Hotmail sign in problems - Recover Hotmail Account
If you aren’t able to log in to your Outlook.com account, chances are that you might have forgotten your password – or it was stolen. In such a case, you should recover your Hotmail account as soon as possible. As you will learn from this part of the guide, you are able to recover your email account within minutes!
- At first, you should open a new tab in the browser and go to the following website: https://outlook.com/.
- Then, you should start entering your email address in the given Hotmail sign in form. Then, you should just click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will get to see a field where you will have to enter your password. Instead of doing it, you have to click on the “Forgot my password” text button, placed right below that field.
- On the next page, you have to enter your email address again and click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will be offered to select a means of account recovery – it is likely that it will be your alternate email address. Select it and, after it, click on the “Next” button.
- Once you have done that, you should click on the “Send code” button.
- Then, go to the inbox of your alternate email address and find there a letter from Microsoft. Open that letter and copy a verification code there.
- Once you have done that, paste the verification code into the field on the Outlook page and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, you will be able to reset your Hotmail password. Make up a new password for your Hotmail account and type it in both fields there. After it, you should click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, you will get to see a notification, saying that your password has been recovered. At that point, you can click on the “Next” button and access your email inbox.
Other Sign In Problems
There are numerous issues that might prevent Hotmail users from accessing their accounts. At this stage of our guide, we will provide the users with common Hotmail sign in problems and solutions to such issues.
My Hotmail account has been blocked. How can I unblock it? It is likely that your account could have been blocked due to malicious activity or because someone else tried to access it. If you wish to unblock it, you should start logging in to it. Then, you will see a notification that the account is blocked – click on “Continue” then. Then, choose a method of confirming that it’s you and enter the verification code in the provided field.
Hotmail says that there is no such Hotmail account that I enter. First of all, you should check once more whether you enter the details correctly. If the problem persists, you should contact the Hotmail support (create a new account for that purpose) and describe your problem. It is also likely that you might have deleted your account in the past. Remember that in 90 days after deleting your Outlook account, it gets erased forever.
How to Sign Out
If you want to log in to Hotmail with a second account, you need to sign out of your first Hotmail account. At this point of the page, we will simply show you that there is nothing easier than to sign out of your Outlook.com account. Just stick to our instructions.
- In your email inbox, you should click on your profile photo, which you can find in the right-upper corner of the page.
- In the pop-up field that you have got to see to the right side of the page, you have to click on the “Sign out” option.
- After doing that, you will be redirected to the main webpage of MSN. Now, you can sign in to Hotmail with another account.
Questions and Answers
Q: Can I log in to Hotmail on a mobile device without installing the application?
Yes, you obviously can do it via a mobile browser. However, we should warn you that using the mobile browser instead of the app tends to be very inconvenient.
Q: How to log in to a different Outlook.com account?
For this purpose, you should sign out of your first Hotmail account in the first place – just follow the guidelines from the “How to Sign Out” section. Then, just use one of your guides to log in to your other Hotmail account.
Q: Can I log in to my Hotmail account without password?
Unless it’s a mobile app and the account there is saved, you can’t do that, unfortunately. Please, recover your password by sticking to the guidelines from the “Recover” section of our guide.
Important: Click here if you want to get help from Outlook.com. You can also Contact Microsoft Support.