Important ingredients in Dog food
If an individual gets confused about the best dog food then he should look for the ingredients present in the food. Some of the important ingredients are discussed in the following points:
- The first priority for puppy’s food is the protein, so the whole animal products such as salmon, chicken or lamb would be the best option for him.
- The Lab needs some calories as well and the healthy grains such as rice, oats or maize are the best source of calories.
- In order to make the dog’s muscles shine an individual should enhance the level of natural fats and oils in his food.
- Essential vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus, omega-3, vitamins A, C, and E are necessary for the major body functioning.
Some of the ingredients should be completely avoided in the Lab’s food. These ingredients are discussed below:
- The meat and vegetable by-products should be avoided because it is usually taken from sick animals.
- An individual should always remember that his puppy is a carnivore so cheap grain fillers should not be added to his diet.
- Usually, too much sugar is used in the dog’s food but it excess should be avoided as it may lead to diabetes, obesity or hyperactivity.
- Some natural ingredients should be added to the Lab’s food while avoiding all sorts of pesticides or growth hormones.