How to Sign Up a Yahoo Mail new accountIf you want to obtain a new email address from Yahoo, you need to complete a simple sign up procedure. Basically, it is really simple and quick, and it will surely not take more than 2 minutes of your time. However, keep in mind that Yahoo, unlike Gmail and Hotmail, obliges its users to provide their phone numbers and link them to their accounts. There is no way how you can avoid it, unfortunately.
- In the first place, you must start by launching another tab in the browser of yours and going to the Yahoo website: https://yahoo.com/.
- On the main webpage of Yahoo, you must click on the “Mail” button – you can find that button in the right-upper corner.
- Right after you have done that, you will get to see the sign in form. At that point, you must click on the “Sign up” text button, which can be found at the bottom of the form.
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the application form, and you need to start filling it out. At first, specify your first and last name, as well as your username (which will also serve as your email address).
- Next, select your country and type your phone number – this is a mandatory step and you can’t skip it.
- In the end, you must provide your birthdate and click on the “Continue” button thereafter.
- After that, you will get to see the window with your phone number again. At that point, you must click on the “Text me an Account Key” button.
- In a moment, you will receive a verification code on your mobile phone. Type that code in the provided field on the Yahoo page and click on the “Verify” button.
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a notification that you have just succeeded to create a new Yahoo account. At that point, however, you must click on the “Continue” button and access your Yahoo page.
- Now, you can start using your Yahoo account in any way you want.
How to Link a Secondary Email Address to Your AccountOne of the things that you can do with your Yahoo account is linking it to another email address. This will actually help you to improve the security of your account since you will be able to use that email for recovering your password in case of necessity. All in all, we highly suggest you link your Yahoo account, and we will show you how to do it in this section of the guide.
- First of all, you have to open the new tab in the browser and go to the next website: https://www.yahoo.com/.
- Once you have got to see the webpage of Yahoo, you must click on the “Sign in” button – you can spot it in the right-upper area.
- On the next page, you must enter your email address and click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you have to enter the password of your Yahoo account and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Once you have logged in to your account, you must click on the “Mail” button and enter your inbox.
- On the inbox page, you must click either on your profile icon or on your name, both of which can be found at the top.
- In a dropdown window that you have just triggered, you have to click on the “Account Info” option.
- Then, you will get to see the page of your Yahoo account’s settings. On the left side, you need to select “Account Security.”
- On the page of your Yahoo account security, you should click on the “Add recovery email address” text button.
- After you have done that, you will be able to add a reserve email address to your account. At that point, you must enter your second email address in the given field and click on the “Send verification email” button.
- In a few seconds, you will be redirected back to the account security page. There, you will get to see the “check your email” warning.
- Access the inbox of yours another email address. Find the letter from Yahoo and click on the link in that letter.
- Following it, you will be redirected to another Yahoo page. At that stage, you must click on the “Verify” button and proceed further.
- Right after that, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have just verified your email address. From that moment on, you will able to use that email address for recovering your password.
Yahoo Sign Up ProblemsEven though Yahoo tends to be a very popular email service, beginners may face various problems when using it. At this point of our Yahoo sign up guide, we have collected the common problems the users face and have listed solutions to such problems. This will help you to significantly reduce the time you will spend on dealing with such issues.
I want to have my Yahoo account not to be linked to a phone number. Unfortunately, Yahoo always literally forces the customers to provide their phone numbers – otherwise, you simply can’t sign up for Yahoo. But even though you must provide it your phone number during the registration, you can eliminate it in the settings later. For that, link your account to another email address at first. Then, simply erase your phone number from the settings.
I want to create a second account with Yahoo. If you wish to create another account on Yahoo, you can easily do it. At first, you must log out of your Yahoo account. Once you have done that, just follow our guidelines from above and sign up for Yahoo again. Even though you are asked to provide your phone number, don’t worry: you can register an indefinite number of Yahoo accounts with one phone number.
I want to recover my Yahoo password without a phone number. Basically, you can do it if you had linked your Yahoo account to another email address before. Then, you should just select “email address” as a recovery method instead of a phone number. Another way is only to contact the customer support of Yahoo.
How to Add a SignatureAnother important thing you can do with your account after signing up for Yahoo is adding a signature. The entire process is very simple and quick, and this will allow you to set up a nice signature for your account. As a result, it will be seen by everyone whom you will send your email letters.
- At first, you need to open another tab in the browser and go to the Yahoo website: https://yahoo.com/.
- On the main webpage of Yahoo, you must click on the “Sign in” button and proceed further.
- You should your email address in the field on the next page and click on the “Next” button.
- After all, you will have to type the password of your email address and click on the “Sign in” button thereafter.
- Now, you have to click on the “Mail” button and access your inbox.
- On the page of your Yahoo inbox, you should click on the “Settings” button – you can see it on tab in the right part of the screen.
- In a dropdown menu that has just been opened, you must click on the “More Settings” option.
- On the page that you have just got to see, you must select “Writing email” in the menu of your account’s settings, placed on the left.
- Now, you can add a signature to your Yahoo account. For that purpose, click on the button near your email account under the “Signature” section.
- In the field that has just appeared, enter a signature that you want to apply to your account.
- Then, click anywhere and the signature will be automatically saved.
- From that moment on, all the people whom you will send your email letters will get to see that signature.
Questions and AnswersQ: How do I sign up for Yahoo if I don’t have a mobile phone?
Unfortunately, Yahoo requires all the users to provide their phone numbers. Logically, you can’t complete the Yahoo sign up procedure if you don’t have a mobile phone. An alternative: you can ask your relatives to use their phone and link your account (if you trust them) to that mobile phone.
Q: How many Yahoo accounts can I register?
Basically, there is no limitation in regards to how many accounts you can open with Yahoo. Moreover, you can use the same phone number for creating two and more Yahoo accounts. Therefore, you can create as many Yahoo accounts as you need.